We are looking for one or two people to join our board of trustees. This is a chance to make a real difference to the direction of our charity, get involved directly with the school in Malawi. It is a chance to gain leadership, project management and charity sector experience in a small nimble organisation, where you will get the chance to put your innovative ideas into practice.
Role Profile – Trustee (voluntary), Ganet’s Adventure School Fund
Location: UK-based. Trustees work from home or their own offices, we don’t have our own premises. Other trustees live in London, Cambridge and Glasgow.
Time commitment: varies, approx 1-3 days a month, you are free to fit this in around your other commitments. You need to be available for a minimum of 6 meetings a year, these can be via Skype, one of them will be in London which all trustees must attend.
Purpose of role: To provide strategic input, practical support and advice to the charity and to Ganet’s Adventure School, Malawi. We are looking for innovators with an entrepreneurial approach, and the motivation to put your ideas into practice.
- Provide strategic advice to the charity and the school in Malawi
- To be an active board member
- Along with other trustees, ensure the charity complies with its governing document and its legal obligations
- Participate in/organise fundraising projects and activities
- Help to communicate the charity’s work
- Work with volunteers and stakeholders in the UK and Malawi
- Initiate and run projects and initiatives for the charity
- There is scope for trustees to specialise in areas such as fundraising, school partnerships, finance or law
- Willingness to be hands on in projects you’re involved in
- A positive approach
- Knowledge of Malawi or Africa
- Experience working in the education, not for profit or charity sectors
- Marketing and PR
- Budgeting and finance
- Fundraising experience
- Working with volunteers
- Management experience
Send in CV and a short letter on why you would like to get involved to firstname.lastname@example.org. One of the trustees will then arrange to meet up with you or call you. The next stage would be to meet all of the trustees, from where you will be notified about whether your application is successful. Trustees are normally elected for one year initially.